I haven’t seen any information from Los Angeles World Airports about tips on Fourth of July holiday/ summer travel for LA/Ontario International Airport.
So I thought I would share some tips I have received from John Wayne Airport, which expects an increase in holiday travel starting today through July 7.
If any of you are like Gary Ovitt, a member of Ontario International Airport Authority and San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors, who said (if ONT is not an option) he would fly anywhere other than Los Angeles International Airport, than this information will be helpful for you.
Surprise, you can’t bring fireworks with you (the fact that this is included in the release makes me think this issue is more common than you think).
More tips from John Wayne Airport:
Travel Tips for Passengers and Visitors:
- Arrive 90 minutes to two-hours before the flight departure time to find parking, check luggage and go through the security checkpoint. Passengers who are members of TSA Pre✓™ can expedite the screening process in Terminal A.
- Drivers picking up passengers at the Airport are encouraged to utilize 2-hour parking spaces, located on the lower level of Parking Structures A1, B2 and C, as some portions of the white curb are closed due to construction.
Parking Options at JWA:
- Curbside Valet Parking for $30 per day, located on the departure level between Terminals A and B, or in front of Terminal C.
- Parking Structures A1, A2, B2 and C are located adjacent to and directly across from the Riley Terminal at a rate of $20 per day and $2 per hour with the first 15 minutes being free for those dropping off and picking up passengers.
- Off-site Main Street Parking Lot located at 1512 Main St., Irvine for $14 per day with free shuttle service to/from the Terminal every 15 minutes.
- For parking availability call 949.252.5200 or for directions to JWA, visit:http://www.ocair.com/parking/