The first hearing in the lawsuit filed by Ontario which aims to dissolve an almost 50-year-old agreement with Los Angeles to operate L.A./Ontario International Airport is scheduled for Sept. 25 at Riverside County Superior Court.
Ontario filed the lawsuit June 4 seeking to regain control of ONT.
“The court may either take the matter under advisement or issue its decision on Los Angeles’ preliminary motions at that time,” said Roy Goldberg, the attorney representing Ontario in its lawsuit.
Los Angeles has made a motion to dismiss the case, arguing that the claims are not legally relevant, he said.
Michael Lawson, former president of Los Angeles World Airports Board of Airport Commissioners, has also denied Ontario’s claim.
“There is no sound, legal or factual basis for this claim,” Lawson said at a meeting earlier this summer.