I wanted to drop Alhambra out of the top 10. Actually, I want to drop them out of the top 10.
But when the polls come out in Wednesday’s paper, this is what you’ll see:
1. Muir (6-1) — Getting it done the last 2 weeks
2. St. Francis (5-2) — Schedule will get tougher
3. Rosemead (5-2) — Panthers are a lock for league
4. San Marino (7-0) — Patiently waiting for Monrovia
5. Monrovia (5-2) — Coach Ryan Maddox a savior?
6. Arcadia (4-3) — Injuries piled up way too fast
7. San Gabriel (4-3) — QB Isaac Valdez the real deal
8. Maranatha (7-0) — Needs to put teams away faster
9. Temple City (3-4) — Rams still alive in RHL
10. Alhambra (3-4) — Too much talent to fall apart
We’ll talk more tomorrow about Monrovia moving up a few spots and San Gabriel moving up one spot.
But with the Moors defense falling apart last week against Montebello, the loss assured their dropping out of the top 10 poll.
But after skimming through league standings there was not ONE team that belonged in the poll.
South Pasadena and La Canada were coming off losses. Rio Hondo Prep and Flintridge Prep have schedules that can’t compare to the Moors’.
There was not one single team that I could think of that would belong at the No. 10 spot. Duarte is coming off a loss. They are 2-1 in Montview League play but 2-5 overall.
Really, who else would belong in the top 10 that hasn’t already been considered. I couldn’t think of one.