1. ROSEMEAD (11-3) — The Panthers made an improbable run to the CIF-Southern Section Mid-Valley Division championship game and beat two notable teams (San Dimas, Monrovia) to get there.
2. TEMPLE CITY (7-5-1) — Under the direction of interim coach Tim Loya, the Rams played superb football the final weeks in the season before running into a pesky Paraclete team in the semifinals of the Mid-Valley Division playoffs.
3. MONROVIA (10-3) — I wonder, what would happen if Temple City and Monrovia would meet again? The outcome might be the same or it very well could be different. Still, the Wildcats definitely raised the bar for next season and I know Steve Garrison was impressed with Monrovia’s run.
4. RIO HONDO PREP (10-3) — The Kares won their 12th CIF-Southern Section Division championship last week. That’s only second to Long Beach Poly’s 18 CIF titles. The Kares were on the brink of playing in the CIF State Small Division Bowl championship game. What an amazing season.
5. DUARTE (6-6) — One must wonder how much better the Falcons would have been if Jordan Canada would have been healthy all season long. They could have had the No. 1 seed from the Montview League and they probably don’t run into Monrovia in the quarterfinals.
6. MUIR (9-2) — The Mustangs are still a good team despite another first-round ouster. Jarron Williams back next season will be fun to watch. He could be better than Reuben Thomas at next season’s end.
7. MARANATHA (11-2) — The Minutemen rebounded well after losing to Brentwood in the Alpha League finale and made a run to the semifinals of the CIF-SS East Valley Division playoffs.
8. SAN GABRIEL (5-6) — In hindsight, the Matadors should have gone further in the playoffs and fared better in Almont League play. I’m expecting big things from the Matadors with QB Isaac Valdez directing the offense next season.
9. SAN MARINO (8-3) — Things will be tough next season with Scott Dooley and Steven Wright gone next season. Steven Yortsos will anchor the defense. But as far as this past season goes, the Titans put on a great show in the regular-season. They reignited and mesmerized an entire community.
10. NOBODY – There was not another team that could argue its way into the No. 10 spot. Can you really think of one?