STAR-NEWS SUPER 23 RANKINGS
1. St. Francis (2-0) – A five-hour ride couldn’t stop the Golden Knights from their appointed rounds, scoring a 29-22 victory at Righetti. Next up is La Mirada, which nearly upset Bishop Amat
2. Monrovia (1-1) – The Wildcats showed their form in a rout of Arcadia. But now comes the meat of their schedule against San Dimas, South Hills and St. Francis in consecutive weeks. If they are the best team in the area, they have the opportunity to prove it.
3. San Marino (2-0) – The Titans are taking care of business, beating teams they are expected to beat. They get another opportunity against Nogales this week.
4. Rio Hondo Prep (2-1) – The Kares returned to form with a nice 35-19 win over San Diego Parker. Now comes a trip to Boron.
5. La Salle (3-0) – La Salle scored another impressive victory, routing a Village Christian team most thought would end the streak. Now they visit Maranatha in a private-school rival game.
6. Gabrielino (3-0) – The Eagles are the other surprise of the area, running the table so far of a soft schedule. Expect more of the same this week.
7. South Pasadena (1-1) – The Tigers took a step back, losing to Hoover.
8. Muir (0-3) – The Mustangs take a respite from their schedule of death before beginning Pacific League play next week.
9. Poly (2-0) – The Panthers have looked solid during the first two games, including a 42-0 win over Blair.
10. Pasadena (0-2) – The Bulldogs have also faced a challenging schedule, but it will get more difficult now, with star Brandon Cox out three weeks.
Others: 11. San Gabriel (1-2), 12. Maranatha (0-3), 13. La Canada (1-1), 14. Alhambra (1-2), 15. Duarte (1-2), 16. Arcadia (0-3), 17. Rosemead (0-2), 18. Temple City (0-3), 19. Bosco Tech (0-3), 20. Flintridge Prep (0-2), 21. Marshall (1-2), 22. keppel (0-3), 23. Blair (0-3).