Aram’s predix for Rio Hondo League boys and girls hoops races … Follow me for score updates at @aramtolegian

The boys and girls Rio Hondo League hoops season tips off tonight with an interesting slate. South Pas vs. La Canada in both boys and girls is gonna go a long ways toward determining the league champ. That’s my take, anyway. Here are the not-so-fearless predictions … why? Because this blog is booooorrrrrrrrinnnnnggggg. Thanks for reading!

Boys Predictions

1. La Canada — Sparty can get their shots, can they knock ‘em down?
2. South Pas — The win at Glendora stands out. But was it their peak?
3. Temple City — “TC by 2″ – Mike Tomasulo circa 1990.
4. Monrovia — Long-term, Goldstein turns this program around.
5. San Marino — Yeah, I’m not buying the record.
6. Blair — Back in the day … this isn’t back in the day.

Boys Schedule for Wednesday
All games at 7 p.m.

South Pasadena at La Canada
San Marino at Monrovia
Blair at Temple City

Girls Predictions

1. La Canada — It’s the system, stupid.
2. South Pasadena — Proved last year they can bang with LC.
3. Temple City — Decent, but appears to be a bit behind top two.
4. San Marino — Have to think Titans are better than record.
5. Monrovia — Would have better chance if they played defense.
6. Blair — Uh, yeah, they’ve played five games.

Girls schedule for Wednesday
All games at 5 p.m.

South Pasadena at La Canada
San Marino at Monrovia
Blair at Temple City

• quackatit

Guess you just don;t care about La Salle huh? Last I checked, they are a Pasadena area school as is Maranatha. Whatever happened to local papers writing about LOCAL schools…..All of them?

• 81

agreed, and no discussion on the La Salle MLK tournament that hosted some top level teams from So-Cal

• SGV Hoops

Pretty pathetic for a local sports writer. At least sound somewhat excited. This is more like a school newspaper. La Salle MLK shootout, great local basketball for both boys and girls and no coverage. Budget Cuts at the Star News I assume.

• AramT

Tell you what, you start posting on here regularly and get 20 of your friends (assuming you have any) to do the same and I’ll get excited. Deal?

• 81

This is your job not ours. We don’t get paid to cover local sports.

• AramT

yep. it’s my job. i’m doing it. but, these blogs require reader/fan participation or they suck. if there were a bunch of fans producing dialogue and not crying about things that weren’t covered AFTER they weren’t covered, we’d be cooking with oil.

• Tech Support

The reason there is no fan/reader participation is that the blog lost all of it’s fans/readers since it is rarely updated and when it had been it’s been just a couple of scores here and there with no commentary.

I know you can run a blog Aram. I follow In the Huddle. I know Robledo can run a blog because I check the Tribune one almost daily. You guys update regularly, add analysis/commentary to everything. People read and comment and follow mostly because of your analysis and commentary. You guys have done it consistently over the years so you don’t lose your audience.

But here is a pretty good example… Top 10 Rankings usually get good feedback and comments because it’s subjective to an extent and some people will agree and disagree. We’re a few weeks from CIF basketball playoffs, in the middle of league races and the last Top 10 Basketball Rankings posted on the blog were Pre-Season on November 27th.

As a basketball fan what reason have you given me to come here? It isn’t because you haven’t covered “MY” team. No team has been covered beyond a couple of tournament results and scores here and there.

And although it isn’t my sport, one wouldn’t even know CIF soccer teams existed in the Pasadena area. There hasn’t even been 1 top 10 rankings for that.

If you want this blog to actually not be boring, you’re going to have keep up the output. Miguel couldn’t do it past football seasons, I have no idea who was doing it after. But a couple of days of consistent posting isn’t going to bring back readers after about 2 years of virtually nothing.

Even the football stuff tended to be lackluster compared to the Trib’s coverage.

• http://www.friv2friv3friv4.com/ friv 2 friv 3 friv 4

Guess you just don;t care about La Salle huh? Last I checked, they are a
    Pasadena area school as is Maranatha. Whatever happened to local
    papers writing about LOCAL schools…