Check out the gushy, uninteresting statements issued today by the nominees (posted elsewhere on this site) and your eyes will soon glaze over. A mere couple of examples:
“I am so thrilled to be nominated for something I loved working on every single day. I’m in such good company.” – Judi Dench, best actress contender for “Mrs. Henderson Presents.”
“Being nominated for an Oscar – and in such sterling company – is an honor, and I’m so proud to have been a part of Ang Lee’s ‘Brokeback Mountain’ team.” – Rodrigo Prieto, nominated for best cinematography for “Brokeback Mountain.”
And so on.
These are creative people — can’t they say something vaguely creative?
Props to Terrence Howard for breaking out of the rut. Nominated for Best Actor for “Hustle & Flow,” which also received a Best Song nomination for a number he absolutely nailed in the movie, he joked, “I wonder if that means I have to get up there and sing ‘It’s Hard Out Here for a Pimp’?”
Access the quotes, only if you’ve had sufficient caffeine:
- saudi airlines on Oscars: George Pennacchio’s last stand
- photographe on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Corina Alvelo on “Munich:” No comment, no love
- darkness prince on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Yasmin Corsino on Halle Berry glad she wore underwear…