Major proof why nobody gets excited about movies anymore:
The Writers Guild picked the two most obvious choices, Brokeback Mountain for adapted and Crash for original screenplays, at its awards ceremony Saturday.
Forget quality for a moment (Brokeback’s a brilliant script and Crash is half-ludicrous, but that’s not the issue). These are the two movies that official Hollywood has annointed 2005′s best, and the writers, of all the people in this town, should be thinking more imaginatively.
But maybe this explains why so many movies these days are interchangeable, formula horror pictures, romantic comedies, fantasy epics and pop-reference cartoons
- saudi airlines on Oscars: George Pennacchio’s last stand
- photographe on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Corina Alvelo on “Munich:” No comment, no love
- darkness prince on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Yasmin Corsino on Halle Berry glad she wore underwear…