There’s been a lot of talk about “The Blood Diamond,” Ed Zwick’s drama about diamonds’ role in financing a bloody conflict in Sierra Leone in the 1990s. DeBeers has expressed concern that the feature starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Connelly, hitting theaters Dec. 15, could take a toll on its Christmas and Valentine’s seasonal sales.
More importantly, if the film is deemed an artistic success, what will it mean to awards season? An early predicition: Pearls will be bigger than ever on the red carpet.
- saudi airlines on Oscars: George Pennacchio’s last stand
- photographe on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Corina Alvelo on “Munich:” No comment, no love
- darkness prince on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Yasmin Corsino on Halle Berry glad she wore underwear…