Michael Sheen, as “The Queen’s” Prime Minister Tony Blair, was better than any of the actors who got nominated for supporting – except maybe Mark Wahlberg, who had much less screentime in “The Departed.”
In fact, Sheen was arguably Helen Mirren’s co-lead. His ability to parry with her intelectually and performance-wise, while gradually revealing both the tactical savvy and fatal tendency to bow before power that history will remember Blair for, places his work right up there with Peter O’Toole’s and Forest Whitaker’s in the lead actor category.
- saudi airlines on Oscars: George Pennacchio’s last stand
- photographe on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Corina Alvelo on “Munich:” No comment, no love
- darkness prince on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Yasmin Corsino on Halle Berry glad she wore underwear…