On Oscar night last year, Paul Haggis was celebrating a best picture win for his movie “Crash.” So what does he do for an encore? He got himself nominated again this year in the adapted screenplay category. He co-wrote the story of “Letters of Iwo Jima” which is also a best picture nominee.
“II’m just a greedy pig,” he joked from the New Mexico set of his next movie. “It’s just really thrilling. Im especially happy for [director] Clint [Eastwood]. It was his passion from the beginning. He had a real passion to tell both sides of the story so I’m glad I could help him do that.”
Haggis is currently directing “In the Valley of Ella” which, ironically, stars three Oscar winners: Charlize Theron, Tommy Lee Jones and Susan Sarandon.
- saudi airlines on Oscars: George Pennacchio’s last stand
- photographe on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Corina Alvelo on “Munich:” No comment, no love
- darkness prince on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Yasmin Corsino on Halle Berry glad she wore underwear…