“Little Miss Sunshine” beat the casts of “Bobby,” “Dreamgirls” “The Departed” and “Babel” to win the evening’s top prize. Greg Kinnear, Steve Carell, Alan Arkin and Abigail Breslin were on hand to accept and Kinnear lifted Breslin up to the microphone to say a few words. Very cute.
Kinnear thanked the movie’s co-directors who were shut out of the Oscar race. But “Sunshine” should be considered the Oscar favorite since it won the Producers Guild of America prize a few weeks ago. Last year, “Brokeback Mountain” was the front-runner until “Crash” ensemble upset it to win top ensemble.
So, “Sunshine” could win best picture and Martin Scorsese can finally get his Oscar for “The Departed.” I think that’s how it might go.
- saudi airlines on Oscars: George Pennacchio’s last stand
- photographe on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Corina Alvelo on “Munich:” No comment, no love
- darkness prince on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Yasmin Corsino on Halle Berry glad she wore underwear…