“This is the only naked man who will ever be in my bedroom,” said best original song winner Melissa Etheridge backstage. As one of the world’s most famous lesbians, she was asked about thanking partner Tammy Lynn Michaels as her wife in her speech and giving her a big kiss before taking the stage.
“She was so important to me, especially with this project,” she said of Michaels. “She said, ‘Write what you feel.’ She saved my life. I was kissing her because that’s what you do when you win and Oscar, you kiss your loved one.”
As far as anyone raising an eyebrow over such same-sex affection, Etheridge said: “I think the Oscars, it’s like a gay holiday. So it’s really meaningful that [host] Ellen [DeGeneres] or myself, there’s no token gay here. It’s a real mix here.”
- saudi airlines on Oscars: George Pennacchio’s last stand
- photographe on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Corina Alvelo on “Munich:” No comment, no love
- darkness prince on Haggis returns to Oscar derby. Says “I’m just a greedy pig.”
- Yasmin Corsino on Halle Berry glad she wore underwear…