Rose Magazine and the Pasadena Star-News honored local women
of distinction last week in our first-ever “Jewels of Pasadena” gala event at the Pasadena Hilton.
Finalists and winners were a real cross-section of life in the Crown City. There were many categories of awards — ranging from arts and culture to health care and education.
At right is the full list of winners.
More photos after the jump.
Nominations due: March 1
Nominees must live, work or go to school in Pasadena
STEP 1: Select an award category
- Arts & Culture: “Distinguished Artist of the Year”
- Education: “Educator of the Year”
- Philanthropy: “Philanthropist of the Year”
- Community Service: “Volunteer of the Year”
- Health & Wellness: “Inspirational Woman of the Year”
- Family: “Mother of the Year”
- Youth: “Young Woman of the Year” (under 21 years old)
- Business: “Entrepreneur of the Year”
- Science & Technology: “Innovator of the Year”
- Woman of the Year: Nominees from other categories are automatically eligible for this award.
STEP 2: Tell us about the nominee
- Send us a statement of nomination via:
mail: 911 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91106
- Describe the nominee’s attributes and abilities:
Contribution as a role model
Contribution to the well-being of the community
- Include letters of support:
Letters should refer to your nominee by name and to her accomplishments
STEP 3: Provide contact information
- Please give us your contact information: address, phone number, e-mail address
- Please also provide your nominee’s contact information: address, phone number, e-mail address
Nominees will be announced in the April 14 edition of Rose Magazine. Winners will be honored at a gala event in May, sponsored by the Pasadena Star-News and Rose Magazine.