Our May-June issue arrives Sunday on Star-News subscribers’ driveways and doorsteps. Non-subscribers can pick up a copy of the paper at stands and look for the magazine inside.
- Meet the finalists for our Jewels of Pasadena: Women of Distinction Awards gala.
- Tour the guest house of the Showcase House of Design. You’d never guess from the post-design photos that this space was recently a dilapidated stable.
- Take inspiration from our four, featured “Great Spaces,” including a modern, eclectic English Tudor in Altadena; a spacious South Pasadena creative hub; a Pasadena artist’s converted industrial loft; and a classically breathtaking Greene & Greene home overlooking the Arroyo.
- Get to know a student and graduate of Art Center’s environmental design program who are improving the human experience.
- Dive into the history of Southern California architecture at Heritage Square Museum.
The Star-News carried a feature by Juliette Funes this weekend on the home of Kristina Urbana Spencer, who is an interior designer and the owner of Pasadena-based Setting the Stage Interior Design.
The modern home is a model of sustainability, being both eco-friendly and allergen-free:
“For a long time, green was not necessarily beautiful,” Spencer said. “Your choice was hemp, hemp and hemp. With the explosion of truly green products, you have much more variety.”
Let’s take a peek around the house.