More details here. See you there!
Rose Magazine’s April issue — focusing on the women of Pasadena and the best of all things spring — is out tomorrow, April 14. Inside you’ll find:
- Picnic perfection from Nicole’s Gourmet Foods and a sak primer
- Q&A with Onil Chibas, chef and owner of Elements Kitchen, Caf and Catering
- Spring fashion from Elisa B. and a shop-the-block adventure, South Pasadena-style
- All our regular departments — GO, PLAY and THINK — with the best of upcoming events
- [Feature] As the Pentagon tackles possible changes to “don’t ask, don’t tell,” here’s what you didn’t know: It impacts women much more than men. Local service members told us about their experiences serving under the controversial law, and what they think about the current debate
- [Feature] Local institutions have a long legacy of unlocking access to the important biblical texts encoded in the ancient Dead Sea Scrolls. Now, a San Gabriel Valley university has acquired five original Dead Sea Scrolls fragments, and Southland scholars are using innovative technology to further push open that gate of access
- The Jewels of Pasadena: Women of Distinction finalists who will be honored at our April 29 gala at the Pasadena Hilton
If you’re already a Star-News subscriber, you’ll receive a copy of the magazine with your paper delivery. You can also subscribe just to Rose Magazine to receive all future issues.
The magazine is also available in public places around town, like the Convention Center, and at the Star-News office, 911 E. Colorado Blvd.
Need more assistance? Just contact us.