“At this time the Station Fire continues to be a slow moving fire and if
the fire continues moving toward Sierra Madre, officials do not expect
it to enter the City for at least five days. This prediction is
contingent on if the current weather conditions continue.” (3:04 p.m. Wednesday)
- City of Monrovia emergency notifications posted on main city site
“Monrovia’s Sawpit Dam helibase is operational for helicopter use in fighting the fire around La Canada Flintridge. As a contingency plan, bulldozers from the U.S. Forest Service are working in local foothills to cut fire breaks Monrovia. The fire is not currently a threat to Monrovia.” (3:05 p.m. Wednesday)
- Animal shelter listing for areas impacted by SoCal fires
How to help:
- The Red Cross evacuation center at La Canada High School
is seeking air conditioning vendors with portable units to help cool
their gymnasium. To help, call La Caada Flintridge City Hall at (818) 790-8880
- TCN North Now — covering Glendale, Crescenta Valley, Burbank and La Caada
- at (626) 585-7315.
- Los Angeles Unified — Schools in Sunland and eastern San Fernando Valley region were not yet in session. Outdoor athletic activities suspended.
- Santa Clarita — William S. Hart Union High School District and Saugus Union School District remain open
- Round-up of best Web maps of California wildfires at Search Engine Land
- LAObserved reports it is unclear if the outage was caused by traffic or the fire. — UPDATE: Camera not working.
- While the Mt. Wilson tower cam is down, you can view a time-lapse sequence of photos from Sunday night showing the approach of the fire.
- SGVN Metro Editor Frank Girardot