True to his roots, Fau’s inaugural menu (click to view, at left) is full of classically inspired dishes prepared in refined French technique and built using fresh, locally grown produce and sustainable products. He even includes on the printed menu a thoughtful dedication to the farmers and fishermen who cultivate his ingredients.
Fau’s rise to culinary prominence began after he worked under the guidance of famed chef Guy Savoy in Paris. He served as executive chef at several Parisian restaurants, before making his way to Manhattan to run the kitchen at Lutce. Fau joined the Patina Group in 2006, stepping first into the role of executive chef for Caf Pinot in downtown L.A. and then moving up as head of Patina Restaurant Group’s West Coast culinary operation.
The new look of the Langham restaurant space is the work of Atlanta-based architecture and design firm, The Johnson Studio. The firm’s principal Bill Johnson told Rose Magazine in June that he wanted to bring the design of the restaurant forward, while respecting the tradition of the historic building.
- Street fashion photography spread, shot on location at One Colorado
- Coffee as art: An exploration of Pasadena’s top micro-roasters
- Writer Lian Dolan chats about her first novel “Helen of Pasadena”
- Gallery guide: Fall for the arts with top-notch exhibitions and events in November and December
We’ll also post the digital edition here, so check back starting tomorrow for lots of online exclusives like photo galleries and extra content.
Rose Magazine’s August-September issue hits the streets on Wednesday, Aug. 11. Pick up a copy of the Pasadena Star-News that day and look for the nonprofits and pets issue inside.
- Crucial things to know before taking your first step in the Pasadena Marathon
- A community clinic that’s turning the notion of free-clinics-as-last-resort on its head
- A primer on loose-leaf teas, with teapots that are truly works of serviceware art
- The best Valentine’s Day cards ever, crafted by local Anemone Letterpress
- Our regular Shop the Block feature, this time showcasing boutiques in Sierra Madre
- Healthy cupcakes — and you won’t have to travel the world over to get them
- A riveting and revealing column by our resident mommy blogger on the pain of postpartum depression