Our May-June issue arrives Sunday on Star-News subscribers’ driveways and doorsteps. Non-subscribers can pick up a copy of the paper at stands and look for the magazine inside.
- Meet the finalists for our Jewels of Pasadena: Women of Distinction Awards gala.
- Tour the guest house of the Showcase House of Design. You’d never guess from the post-design photos that this space was recently a dilapidated stable.
- Take inspiration from our four, featured “Great Spaces,” including a modern, eclectic English Tudor in Altadena; a spacious South Pasadena creative hub; a Pasadena artist’s converted industrial loft; and a classically breathtaking Greene & Greene home overlooking the Arroyo.
- Get to know a student and graduate of Art Center’s environmental design program who are improving the human experience.
- Dive into the history of Southern California architecture at Heritage Square Museum.
Know an outstanding woman who lives, works or attends school in Pasadena? We’re betting you know more than a few. Here’s your chance to give her the proper standing ovation she deserves.
The Pasadena Star-News and Rose Magazine are now accepting nominations for our annual Jewels of Pasadena: Women of Distinction Gala.
Our first-ever gala celebrating Pasadena women was held last year, and our sophomore effort promises to be another extraordinary event. (Check out photos from the 2010 gala here.)
We are taking nominations through Feb. 28 in the following categories: Arts & Culture, Business, Community Service/Volunteer, Education, Family, Health & Wellness, Philanthropy, Sports, Youth (under 21 years old) and Woman of the Year.
The finalists selected by our gala committee will be announced in the next issue of Rose Magazine, and all will be honored at an April celebration at the Westin Pasadena.
Use our online form to submit your nominations.
Rose Magazine and the Pasadena Star-News honored local women of distinction last week in our first-ever “Jewels of Pasadena” gala event at the Pasadena Hilton.
Finalists and winners were a real cross-section of life in the Crown City. There were many categories of awards — ranging from arts and culture to health care and education.
At right is the full list of winners.
And read about all the nominees here, in Rose Magazine’s April issue.
More photos after the jump.