Our May-June issue arrives Sunday on Star-News subscribers’ driveways and doorsteps. Non-subscribers can pick up a copy of the paper at stands and look for the magazine inside.
- Meet the finalists for our Jewels of Pasadena: Women of Distinction Awards gala.
- Tour the guest house of the Showcase House of Design. You’d never guess from the post-design photos that this space was recently a dilapidated stable.
- Take inspiration from our four, featured “Great Spaces,” including a modern, eclectic English Tudor in Altadena; a spacious South Pasadena creative hub; a Pasadena artist’s converted industrial loft; and a classically breathtaking Greene & Greene home overlooking the Arroyo.
- Get to know a student and graduate of Art Center’s environmental design program who are improving the human experience.
- Dive into the history of Southern California architecture at Heritage Square Museum.
Know an outstanding woman who lives, works or attends school in Pasadena? We’re betting you know more than a few. Here’s your chance to give her the proper standing ovation she deserves.
The Pasadena Star-News and Rose Magazine are now accepting nominations for our annual Jewels of Pasadena: Women of Distinction Gala.
Our first-ever gala celebrating Pasadena women was held last year, and our sophomore effort promises to be another extraordinary event. (Check out photos from the 2010 gala here.)
We are taking nominations through Feb. 28 in the following categories: Arts & Culture, Business, Community Service/Volunteer, Education, Family, Health & Wellness, Philanthropy, Sports, Youth (under 21 years old) and Woman of the Year.
The finalists selected by our gala committee will be announced in the next issue of Rose Magazine, and all will be honored at an April celebration at the Westin Pasadena.
Use our online form to submit your nominations.
Nominations due: March 1
Nominees must live, work or go to school in Pasadena
STEP 1: Select an award category
- Arts & Culture: “Distinguished Artist of the Year”
- Education: “Educator of the Year”
- Philanthropy: “Philanthropist of the Year”
- Community Service: “Volunteer of the Year”
- Health & Wellness: “Inspirational Woman of the Year”
- Family: “Mother of the Year”
- Youth: “Young Woman of the Year” (under 21 years old)
- Business: “Entrepreneur of the Year”
- Science & Technology: “Innovator of the Year”
- Woman of the Year: Nominees from other categories are automatically eligible for this award.
STEP 2: Tell us about the nominee
- Send us a statement of nomination via:
mail: 911 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91106
- Describe the nominee’s attributes and abilities:
Contribution as a role model
Contribution to the well-being of the community
- Include letters of support:
Letters should refer to your nominee by name and to her accomplishments
STEP 3: Provide contact information
- Please give us your contact information: address, phone number, e-mail address
- Please also provide your nominee’s contact information: address, phone number, e-mail address
Nominees will be announced in the April 14 edition of Rose Magazine. Winners will be honored at a gala event in May, sponsored by the Pasadena Star-News and Rose Magazine.
For more information, call 626-962-8811, Ext. 2669, or e-mail email@example.com