Do you like complications? Well, if you do, the DSL is the place for you. Just playoff possibilites abound on the way to Vegas.
1. Silverado (3-7, 3-1): The Hawks have already clinched a playoff spot and now are sitting back with their bye to see what seed they’ll get. If Barstow wins and Ridgecrest Burroughs loses to Victor Valley, then Silverado will get the No. 1 seed by virtue of a victory over Barstow. If Barstow and Burroughs both lose, Silverado gets the No. 1 seed. If Barstow loses and Burroughs wins, then Silverado is the No. 2 seed by virtue of losing to Burroughs head-to-head. If Barstow and Burroughs both win, then all three teams will be in a dead heat for first and the head-to-head tiebreakers will cancel out, necessitating a three-way flip for seedind.
2. Barstow (6-3, 2-1): The Aztecs have clinched a playoff berth by virtue of tiebreaker advantages over Burroughs and Victor Valley. The only way they get a No. 1 seed is if they win and Burroughs wins, causing a three-way tie and flip for seeding. Barstow gets the No. 2 seed with a Burroughs loss and gets the No. 3 seed if it loses to Granite Hills and Burroughs wins.
3. Ridgecrest Burroughs (5-4, 2-1): The Burros have the most amount of play, as they could get the No. 1 seed or be shut out of the playoffs entirely. They’ll get the No. 1 seed with a win and a Barstow loss by virtue of their head-to-head victory over Silverado. They’ll also get the No. 1 seed if they win a three-way coin flip that would be caused by a win and a Barstow win. However, a loss to Victor Valley knocks Burroughs out of the playoffs in every scenario.
4. Victor Valley (3-5-1, 1-2): It’s pretty simple for the Jackrabbits – win and they are in, lose and they are out. They’d qualify over Burroughs by virtue of winning the head-to-head tiebreaker but could not get anything higher than a No. 3 seed.
5. Granite Hills (2-7, 0-3): Eliminated from playoff consideration.