Mountains, deserts, a lake here and there. The De Anza League has it all, including a playoff breakdown now.
1. Twentynine Palms (7-3, 3-1): The Wildcats have already clinched a playoff spot. Would grab the No. 1 spot in the league with a Big Bear loss and holds the tiebreaker over Yucca Valley by virtue of a win over the Trojans a couple weeks ago. Should Big Bear and Yucca Valley win, a three-way flip to determine the seeding for all three spots would take place.
2. Yucca Valley (5-4, 2-1): Would clinch with a win over Desert Mirage and get the No. 2 seed with a win and a Big Bear loss. A win and a Big Bear win would cause a three-way tie at the top, therefore a coin flip would determine seeding. A loss and a Big Bear win would knock the Trojans down to fourth, where they’d have to sweat out an at-large bid. A loss and a Big Bear loss would cause a three-way flip between Yucca, Big Bear and Desert Mirage for two spots.
3. Big Bear (6-2-1, 2-1): The Bears would clinch a playoff spot with a win over Desert Hot Springs or a Desert Mirage loss. They would grab the No. 1 seed in the league with a win and a Yucca Valley loss by virtue of a victory over Twentynine Palms last week. A win and a Yucca Valley win would cause a three-way flip for seeding. A loss and a Desert Mirage win would cause a three-way flip for the final two spots behind Twentynine Palms, though Big Bear would be a cinch at-large pick if available.
4. Desert Mirage (4-5, 1-2): Desert Mirage would clinch a playoff spot with a win over Yucca Valley and a Big Bear win by virtue of its win over the Trojans. A win and a Big Bear loss would cause a three-way flip for two spots, with Desert Mirage having to sweat out an at-large bid should it come short on the flips. A loss spells elimination in any and all situations more than likely.
5. Desert Hot Springs (3-6, 0-3): Eliminated from playoff consideration.