A little late on this after getting back from Arizona. Nothing too crazy this week.
1) Florida (1) – Not pretty, but still undefeated. And the Gators were prettier than No. 2.
2) Alabama (2) – Huge sigh of relief from the Tide after ekeing one out over Tennessee.
3) Texas (3) – Looked as good as they have all season in rolling Missouri 41-7.
4) USC (4) – Passed part one of the Oregon double-dip this week. Part two should be tougher.
5) TCU (6) – Their destruction of BYU moves them into the top 5. Previous victim Clemson’s win over Miami helps too.
6) Boise State (5) – Sucks to win 54-9 and still move down. Such is life in the WAC.
7) Cincinnati (7) – Just imagine if Boise hadn’t won by 45. Cincy would definitely be in their spot.
8) Iowa (8) – Hawkeyes pull off last-second win at Michigan State to remain undefeated.
9) LSU (10) – Looked good against a fading Auburn team. Kind of quietly lurking in the shadows.
10) Georgia Tech (12) – Yellowjackets roll on to a spot in the top 10. Watching them run the triple-option is a thing of beauty.
11) Oklahoma State (11) – Big test comes this week with Texas rolling into town.
12) Penn State (13) – Made surprisingly easy work of Michigan for first win in Ann Arbor in 13 years.
13) Oregon (16) – Still probably have the Ducks rated too low, but a win over USC will definitely fix that. I promise.
14) Virginia Tech (14) – Had a bye. Not much else to say here really.
15) Pittsburgh (17) – Panthers continue to surge, though their schedule will get tougher in the last month of the season.
16) Houston (18) – Kept winning, which is all you can really do when you are a Conference USA team.
17) Miami (Fla) (9) – Overtime loss to Clemson sends Hurricanes downward.
18) Mississippi (20) – Best output of season thus far in win over Arkansas.
19) Ohio State (21) – Whipped Minnesota in nice bounce-back from upset loss to Purdue.
20) Utah (22) – Had to go overtime to topple Air Force.
21) South Carolina (23) – Ugly win over Vanderbilt, but a win is a win as they say.
22) BYU (15) – I didn’t drop them farther because I think TCU is legit.
23) Oklahoma (NR) – Nice impressive win at Kansas gets the Sooners back in the poll after a brief hiatus.
24) West Virginia (NR) – No real signature win, but having six of them gets WVU a spot.
25) Arizona (NR) – Almost put Central Michigan here, but the Wildcats beat Central in the season opener. Hence Zona making the cut.
Receiving consideration: Central Michigan, Notre Dame, California
Dropped out: No. 19 Texas Tech, No. 24 Nebraska, No. 25 South Florida