Top 3 stay the same this week, but everything else is a huge jumble right now, as you’ll see below.
1. Florida (1) – Boring win over Vanderbilt, which is the way it should be.
2. Alabama (2) – Beating a good LSU team, even with perhaps some replay official help, keeps Tide here.
3. Texas (3) – Jordan Shipley goes off in random November game with Central Florida.
4. TCU (6) – The Horned Frogs are straight rolling people right now.
5. Boise State (4) – Close call with Louisiana Tech, plus Oregon loss, drops Broncos a spot.
6. Cincinnati (7) – Actually was tested this week by UConn. Schedule gets tougher from here on out.
7. Georgia Tech (10) – Winning in OT against Wake Forest shoots Jackets up, as they were a rare one-loss team to hold serve.
8. Pittsburgh (13) – The big winners this week, as romping Syracuse puts Panthers in top 10.
9. Oregon (5) – Don’t fall too much because a) a bunch of other teams lost and b) Stanford isn’t bad.
10. USC (12) – An ugly win over Arizona State, but good enough to get back in top 10.
11. Houston (14) – Pulled one out by the skin of their teeth against Tulsa.
12. Miami (Fla) (15) – Brutalized Virginia to make a jump.
13. Ohio State (16) – Big win at Penn State has almost erased memories of Purdue.
14. LSU (9) – Handled themselves well against Alabama. This may be too far down to be honest.
15. Utah (17) – Utes keep winning to continue collison course against TCU.
16. Iowa (8) – The Hawkeyes finally got burned in a close game and lost their QB to boot.
17. Oklahoma State (18) – Cowboys best of the non-Longhorn teams in the Big 12 at this point.
18. BYU (19) – Threw up a 52-0 beating on Wyoming.
19. Arizona (21) – Wildcats keep quietly winning and moving up, but schedule is going to get real tough real quick.
20. Penn State (11) – Looked completely overmatched against Ohio State at home.
21. Virginia Tech (24) – Hokies got revenge against East Carolina in ugly win.
22. Wisconsin (25) – A little more dramatic than needed to be, but Wisconsin took down Indiana.
23. Clemson (NR) – Tigers have nice little four-game win streak going.
24. South Florida (NR) – A bit of a self-correction from last week here.
25. Oregon State (NR) – Beavers go into Berkeley and knock Cal around to break into rankings.
Receiving consideration: West Virginia, Stanford, Texas Tech
Dropped out: No. 20 Oklahoma, No. 22 Notre Dame, No. 23 California