This league was definitely bizarre during the regular season, as La Verne Lutheran’s decision to forfeit its schedule three weeks into the season threw a curveball into the proceedings, as the Christian League will only have two automatic bids.
1) Aquinas (5-3, 2-0): It’s pretty simple for the Falcons. If they beat Ontario Christian this week, they win their third straight league title and get the No. 1 seed out of the league in the East Valley playoffs. If they lose, they are the No. 2 seed.
2) Ontario Christian (4-5, 2-0): Copy and paste what I typed for Aquinas, subbing out Falcons for Knights and Ontario Christian for Aquinas.
3) Arrowhead Christian (5-4, 1-2): There’s no chance of the Eagles, who have a bye this week because of the La Verne Lutheran forfeit, of getting an automatic playoff spot. But ACA, which was ranked as high as No. 4 in the CIF standings this year, should be in good position for one of the four at-large spots in the East Valley Division.
4) Western Christian (1-7, 0-3): Eliminated from playoff consideration.
5) La Verne Lutheran: Apparently eliminated from playing at all.