One more week until the season basically ends. Where has the time gone? No real changes in the top 6, and everything after them is basically colored bubbles.
1. Florida (1) – Killed Florida State in Tebow’s last home game. Now on to Alabama.
2. Texas (2) – Survived a scare at Texas A&M and have a tricky matchup with Nebraska, which has a very good defense.
3. Alabama (3) – Just like Texas, survived a scare, going ahead late to beat Auburn.
4. TCU (4) – The 12-0 Horned Frogs have become the world’s biggest Nebraska fans.
5. Boise State (5) – Oklahoma State loss might put Boise in the BCS.
6. Cincinnati (6) – Need to beat Pitt, have Texas lose and get some computer help. Would have helped if the Panthers hadn’t lost this week.
7. Oregon (9) – Best of the two-loss crowd. Can go to the Rose Bowl with a win over Oregon State.
8. Ohio State (10) – Already has its Rose Bowl bid.
9. Penn State (12) – Upsets this week might give Nits a BCS at-large berth.
10. BYU (13) – Nice OT win over Utah puts Cougars in top 10.
11. Georgia Tech (7) – Lost to rival Georgia, but ACC title win would put them back in top 10.
12. Virginia Tech (14) – The Hokies have a copyright on 9-3 seasons it seems.
13. Iowa (15) – Pretty much ticketed for Cap One Bowl.
14. Pittsburgh (8) – Panthers can still win BCS title despite loss at West Virginia.
15. LSU (17) – Moved up bowl position by holding off Arkansas.
16. Miami (Fla) (18) – Got nice win over South Florida for nifty 9-3 record.
17. USC (19) – Yeah, the Trojans shouldn’t have thrown that last touchdown. But UCLA shouldn’t have called the timeout either.
18. Oregon State (20) – Can go to Rose Bowl with win over Oregon.
19. Oklahoma State (11) – Even when the Sooners struggle, Okie State can’t beat them.
20. Houston (21) – In Conference USA title game. Whoopee.
21. California (23) – Win over Washington this week essential for bowl positioning.
22. Nebraska (24) – Can throw the title game into chaos with an upset victory this week.
23. Stanford (25) – The Cardinal killed Charlie Weis I think.
24. Clemson (16) – The loss to South Carolina will be forgiven with a win this week over Ga. Tech.
25. West Virginia (NR) – Mountaineers oust Pitt to move back in the rankings.
Receiving consideration: Wisconsin, Utah, Central Michigan
Dropped out: No. 22 Utah