I know I have a few more high school teams to preview and I’ll finish that up this week, but here is my college top 25.
1. Alabama – Defending national champs are loaded in repeat bid.
2. Ohio State – Buckeyes hope to ride Rose Bowl breakthrough.
3. Florida – No Tebow, but Gators will still have plenty of talent
4. TCU – Horned Frogs loaded for run at national title.
5. Texas – Longhorns lose Colt McCoy, but talent is never an issue
6. Oklahoma – Sooners look to recover from injury-riddled 2009 season
7. Boise State – If Broncos beat Virginia Tech Labor Day night, look out
8. Iowa – Hawkeyes will rely on hard-nosed defense
9. USC – The talent is there, but will the motivation be after being ruled bowl-ineligible?
10. Nebraska – Huskers lose Suh, but will still be stingy.
11. Virginia Tech – Will the Hokies get over the hump and be true national-title contenders?
12. Oregon – Ducks would be a top 5 team if QB Jeremiah Masoli wasn’t kicked off team.
13. Wisconsin – Badgers will rely on physical running game.
14. Miami – Hurricanes will be tested early with Ohio State and Pittsburgh
15. Arkansas – Should be exciting on offense with QB Ryan Mallett
16. Utah – Utes will get one more crack at the Mountain West before going to the Pac-12
17. Pittsburgh – Panthers play big early-season game at Utah Thursday
18. Auburn – Tigers looking to make big step under second-year coach Gene Chizik
19. Georgia – Can Bulldogs get out of rut and challenge for the SEC East?
20. Florida State – Seminoles need to improve defensively to contend in ACC
21. West Virginia – Mountaineers will rely on exciting RB Noel Devine
22. Houston – If Cougars can stop anyone, their offense could take them to the BCS
23. Georgia Tech – Defending ACC champs tough matchup with triple-option offense
24. Washington – REV graduate Polk, QB Locker lead this Pac-10 sleeper.
25. North Carolina – Tough choice between Heels and LSU. Luckily they play Saturday.
Under consideration: LSU, Arizona, Penn State