Well, Ohio State’s run atop the poll didn’t last long. We’ll see if the new No. 1 has a bit more staying power.
1. Oregon (2) – Not a bad bye week, as the Ducks get the top spot.
2. Boise State (4) – Broncos sitting pretty, though their strength of schedule is lowering by the week.
3. Oklahoma (6) – Sooners were the big winner, getting blowout win to earn the top spot in the BCS standings.
4. TCU (5) – Horned Frogs have only given up three points in the past three games.
5. Auburn (7) – Tigers explode for 65 to vault into top 5.
6. LSU (8) – LSU wins ugly, but it wins. Huge game at Auburn coming up.
7. Michigan State (12) – All of a sudden, the Spartans are the top dog in the Big Ten.
8. Utah (10) – Utes quietly keep rolling.
9. Alabama (11) – Tide bounce back against Mississippi, but still not clicking on all cylinders.
10. Wisconsin (18) – Badgers shoot up rankings with upset of Ohio State.
11. Ohio State (1) – I can’t in good conscience rank the Buckeyes ahead of Wisconsin, so here they are.
12. Stanford (14) – Cardinal move up while chillin’ during the bye.
13. Arizona (16) – Wildcats win, but lose quarterback Nick Foles to injury.
14. Iowa (17) – Hawkeyes win shootout at Michigan to start tough three-game stretch. Wisconsin is next.
15. Nebraska (3) – Even underachieving Texas teams figure out how to beat Nebraska.
16. Florida State (15) – Seminoles go through motions in lackluster win over BC.
17. Missouri (19) – Tigers still unscathed, but have huge test this week with Oklahoma.
18. Oklahoma State (21) – Cowboys get first real test with Nebraska coming up this week.
19. South Carolina (9) – Post-Alabama letdown results in loss to Kentucky.
20. Texas (NR) – After two-week absence, Longhorns upset Nebraska and return to poll.
21. Arkansas (13) – Razorbacks score 43 points and still lose by three touchdowns.
22. West Virginia (NR) – After toeing around the periphery of the poll, Mountaineers finally rejoin the rankings.
23. Miami (Fla) (NR) – Somewhat iffy about this pick to be quite honest.
24. Virginia Tech (NR) – Five straight wins has Hokies back in top 25.
25. USC (NR) – Blowout of Cal gets USC ranked again.
Under consideration: Kansas State, Mississippi State, Michigan
Dropped: No. 20 Nevada, No. 22 Oregon State, No. 23 Air Force, No. 24 Florida, No. 25 Michigan.