Boise State bumps by TCU and Nebraska falls. Besides that, not much really happened.
1. Oregon (1) – Ducks get week off before Arizona/Oregon State homestretch.
2. Auburn (2) – This should be one of the more intense Iron Bowls in a long time, especially with the Cam Newton hoopla still at a fever pitch.
3. Boise State (4) – Had to bump up after Broncos killed Fresno State.
4. TCU (3) – Horned Frogs have walk-over season-ender at New Mexico.
5. Wisconsin (5) – Badgers run over Michigan to make statement.
6. LSU (6) – Struggled but won as usual. Par for the course really.
7. Stanford (7) – The Big Game with Cal was a big rout.
8. Ohio State (9) – Buckeyes survive against Iowa to keep Rose Bowl hopes alive.
9. Oklahoma State (11) – Can clinch berth in Big 12 title game with win over Oklahoma.
10. Michigan State (10) – Spartans stay put after scare against a bad Purdue team.
11. Alabama (12) – Would love nothing more than to spoil Auburn’s national-title hopes.
12. Arkansas (13) – Razorbacks have big game with LSU coming up.
13. Missouri (15) – Tiger defense pitches another shutout.
14. Nebraska (8) – Huskers’ suddenly feeble offense killed them against Texas A&M
15. Virginia Tech (14) – Hokies wrap up ACC title game berth with win at Miami.
16. Texas A&M (18) – Aggies topple Nebraska for fifth straight win.
17. Oklahoma (16) – A resume bereft of signature wins has Oklahoma in back of second-place Big 12 cluster.
18. Nevada (17) – Can make a whole bunch of teams happy if they pull an upset against Boise State this week.
19. South Carolina (19) – Gamecocks have rivalry game with Clemson before first SEC title game appearance.
20. Northern Illinois (23) – Huskies rolling up big wins in the MAC.
21. N.C. State (NR) – A win against Maryland puts Wolfpack in first ACC title game.
22. Florida State (25) – Seminoles try to break six-game losing streak to rival Florida.
23. Arizona (24) – Can really mess up BCS if they pull the shocker against Oregon.
24. Utah (NR) – Utes return to rankings after big win at San Diego State.
25. Iowa (20) – Hawkeyes now have lost four times in the last five minutes of the fourth quarter.
Under consideration: Southern Miss, Mississippi State, West Virginia
Dropped out: No. 21 USC, No. 22 Mississippi State