Well not really. This one is a motel…Close to Disneyland and Knott’s. Nice going California. This information comes from a letter I received today here’s the letter:
I read your column regarding RSO’s in Altadena with interest. I sent this email to DOJ in November of 2007. To date I have had no response.
From: jim burton 
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 7:21 PM
Subject: budget motel
To Whom it May Concern;
36 of the 62 RSO’s living in Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670 and according to the CA Attorney General’s Meagan’s Law Site, are registered to a budget motel 13420 Firestone Blvd. One appears to be registered to 13530 Firestone Blvd.
I have comments and questions:
1. Is the travelling public made aware by law, law enforcement, or public or private policy that a budget motel near disneyland and knott’s berry farm is occupied by 37 Registered Sex Offenders?
2. Would a California citizen i.e. a man, wife, and 3 small children stay at this motel if this information were presented to them prior to their check-in?
3. What liability would accrue to state or local governments should a crime occur against one of these kids, or their parents for that matter?
4. Do you think that an effort should be made to pass legislation that would require these facilities occupied by RSO’s be required to advise the public?
1. This motel seems to be in a good location to provide residences to RSO’s. It is a very industrial area and near some restaurants and possible places of employment.
2. It seems that it is a matter of time that a serious crime will occurr unless there is some notification of the public that may happen by for a break in their travels and check in to this place.
I would appreciate a response
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670