The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors will vote to offer a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of suspects in the Jan. 26 shooting death of Sammantha Salas, Supervisor Mike Antonovich’s spokesman Tony Bell told me this morning.
The reward will be voted on this coming Tuesday, Bell said.
Bell had been discussing the case with Lt. Dan Rosenberg of Sheriff’s homicide,. it was Rosenbverg who made the decision to offer the reward. The hope is that nearly five months after Salas was shot to death in front of an apartment in an unincorporated portion of Monrovia, that someone will come forward with information in the case, Rosenberg said.
Here’s the Star-news Web page, with details of the ongoing violence in Monrovia.
And here’s the text from a press release put out by Judy Hammond the county’s PIO:
LOS ANGELES COUNTY – Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the death of Samantha Salas, a 16-year old youth.
On Saturday, January 26, 2008, Ms. Salas was fatally shot while walking with a friend, on the 2500 block of Peck Road near Longden Avenue in the unincorporated area of Monrovia, after being approached by two male suspects on foot.
The two suspects are described as African-American in their 20’s, wearing dark colored bandanas or hooded sweatshirts, and members of the Du Rock Crips gang.
The Los Angeles County Sherriff’s Homicide Bureau is seeking information to assist in their investigation. Supervisor Antonovich encourages witnesses of this crime or anyone with information to contact the Lt. Dan Rosenberg at the Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5580.