This was in my morning notes from reporter Emma Gallegos. I’ll provide more information when it’s available:
just got off the phone with lt. dewar at pas, and he said that they will be putting out a release and photo today with the man accused of raping two women at knifepoint.
Here’s some of what Emma has learned:
*they don’t believe the victim from saturday knew the first — cns reported that they were friends but dewar said that wasn’t the case
*the victim from a month ago was sought out by police — she didn’t come forward on her own. she identified the same man and car independently of the second victim
*the suspect is an independent contractor — he may have had work that took him here
*neither of the women knew the suspect previously