From the Associated Press:
LOS ANGELES — Authorities say a homeless man found burned to death in his wheelchair may have accidentally set himself on fire at a Los Angeles strip mall.
Police say paramedics pronounced the man dead early Friday after a motorist reported seeing him engulfed in flames. Investigators found a small makeshift encampment in front of a restaurant, and a candle and some alcohol near his charred body.
Police say the 54-year-old’s death was likely an accident because there was no evidence of an assault or fire accelerants at the scene.
His name has not been released.