Duplex scorched in Pasadena fire

PASADENA — A fire caused nearly $100,000 worth of damage to a Pasadena duplex Sunday, officials said.
The fire was reported about 12:35 p.m. in the 1800 block of Queensberry Road, Pasadena Fire Department spokeswoman Lisa Derderian said.
The fire ignited in a bedroom and mainly scorched the west half of the duplex, Pasadena police Lt. Chris Russ said.
About two-dozen fire personnel extinguished the fire, which caused an estimated $75,000 to the structure and another $20,000 worth of damage to the contents of the home, fire officials said.
It initially appeared the fire was caused by too many electrical appliances being plugged into a single outlet, police and fire officials said.
No injuries were reported.

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email