Floodlight blamed for Valinda house fire

VALINDA — An overheating flood light is blamed for a fire that destroyed the garage of a Valinda home late Saturday, officials said.
The blaze was reported about 10:30 p.m. in the 16200 of Fellowship Street, Los Angeles County sheriff’s Lt. Pete Cacheiro said in a written statement.
Officials found the attached garage of a home fully engulfed in flames, the lieutenant said.
Firefighters extinguished the fire, which caused an estimated $30,000 worth of damage to the home, he added. No injuries were reported.
“The cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical flood light that overheated and ignited a dry cypress tree, which ignited the front wood frame wall of the garage,” Cacheiro said.

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email