Girl admits claim of kidnapping attempt near Whittier was false

WHITTIER — A 14-year-old girl who reported she was attacked in an attempted kidnapping Friday has admitted her story was false, police said Saturday.
The girl told her parents, who in-turn notified sheriff’s deputies, that she had been assaulted by two men in a car who grabbed her, struck her and tried to force to get in the vehicle about 8:30 a.m. Friday on Dicky Street near Mills Avenue, in an unincorporated county area just south of Whittier, Los Angeles County sheriff’s Lt. Bill Evans said.
Upon further investigation, the girl recanted her tale.
It was believed Saturday that the girl intentionally missed her bus in order to meet a boy she had met on the Internet, the lieutenant said.
She became alarmed when she approached a young man who she believed to be the person she was trying to meet, but he was not, Evans said. When the man reached out his hand to her, she struck him, and he pushed her before walking away.
The girl then went home and told her parents a false story of attempted kidnapping, he said.

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email