Baldwin Park home damaged in blaze

BALDWIN PARK — A fire caused major damage to a house and detached garage late Saturday, however the residents escaped injury, authorities said.
The blaze broke out shortly before 10 p.m. at a house in the 4000 block of Bogart Avenue, Los Angeles County Fire Department Dispatch Supervisor Clyde Taylor said.
The fire, which was believed to have been sparked by an electrical problem, caused about $180,000 worth of damage to the home and its contents, Taylor said.
The residents had all evacuated themselves prior to firefighters’ arrival, she added.
The fire was determined to be accidental, Taylor said, and investigators were looking into the possibility that “faulty wiring” was to blame.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>