UPDATE: Man killed in shooting in unincorporated county area near El Monte

A man was shot and fatally wounded Saturday in an unincorporated county area surrounded by El Monte, Arcadia and Temple City, authorities said.
The shooting was reported just after 11:30 a.m. in the 5200 block of Tyler Avenue, according to Los Angeles County sheriff’s and fire officials. The victim’s name or age was not released.
Witnesses reported hearing gunshots before deputies found a badly wounded man, Sgt. Jim Dexter of the sheriff’s Temple Station said.
The shooter was initially described as a Latino man in his 20s, he said, and may have been accompanied by a second suspect.
With the help of El Monte and Arcadia police, sheriff’s deputies searched the area for the attackers Saturday afternoon but found no suspects.
Local resident Bob Walton, 47, said he heard the gunshots from his home.
“First two, then three more,” he said. “Five shots total.”
The gunshots were immediately followed by the sound of a woman screaming, he said. “A bloodcurdling scream.”
By the time he went outside to look, Walton said, paramedics were treating the victim and loading him into an ambulance.
A car was stolen from the neighborhood where the shooting occurred and found abandoned in the same area a short time later, Dexter said.
Authorities were looking into whether the car, a white Toyota Corolla which was parked about three blocks north of the shooting scene with its hazard lights flashing and windshield wipers on Friday afternoon, was involved in the shooting.
Sheriff’s investigators remained at the scene well into the afternoon. 
Once the shooting victim died, officials at the sheriff’s Temple Station deferred all comments to the Sheriff’s Homicide Bureau, which took over the investigation.
The incident was the second deadly shooting in the area since Thursday, when a 34-year-old man was fatally shot about two miles to the south, in the 11500 block of Medina Court, officials said.
The man’s identity had not been released Saturday pending confirmation that his family had been notified. No arrests had been made, and a motive in the killing was not released.
Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email