Coroner rules South El Monte man’s death a homicide

SOUTH EL MONTE — 50-year-old South El Monte man found last week in his home died of a gunshot wound to the head, authorities said.
Detectives are still looking for the gunman who killed Jose Flores.
Lt. Holly Francisco of the sheriff’s Homicide Bureau said a relative went to the 1300 block of Penn Mar Avenue at 3:42 p.m. Aug. 13, discovered Flores in a front room and called police.
She said it doesn’t appear that anything had been stolen from the residence. No one reported hearing a gunshot, she added.
Ed Winter, spokesman for the Los Angeles County Department of Coroner, said an autopsy was done Aug. 16 and the death was ruled a homicide.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the Sheriff’s Homicide Bureau at 323-890-5500.
- Ruby Gonzales
Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email