Monrovia couple’s home scorched in fire

MONROVIA — A fire blamed on a malfunctioning heater scorched a couple’s home Sunday, however no injuries were reported, officials said.
The fire was first reported about 9:25 a.m. in the 700 block of East Lime Avenue, Monrovia spokeswoman Jennifer McLain said.
Four fire engines and two trucks from the Monrovia Fire Department extinguished the fire by 10:15 a.m., she said.
Officials estimated the fire caused $100,000 worth of damage to the home and its contents.
“It looks like the cause was a faulty heating unit,” McLain said.
The husband and wife living in the home managed to get themselves out prior to firefighters’ arrival, McLain said.
The home remained structurally sound and the couple was allowed to re-enter, she added, though electricity remained shut off due to the fire.

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email