Pasadena house fire blamed on clothes dryer

PASADENA — A fire initially believed to have been sparked by a clothes dryer early Friday displaced a family of four, officials said.
A neighbor reported seeing smoke about 9:45 a.m. in the 500 block of Buckeye Street, Pasadena Fire Department spokeswoman Lisa Derderian said.
A man, woman and two children were not home when the dryer ignited, Derderian said.
Firefighters kept the flames contained to the dryer area, extinguishing the fire before it reached the home’s walls or attic, officials said.
The Red Cross responded to help the displaced family find temporary lodging. Fire officials estimated the fire caused $150,000 worth of damage to the house and its contents.
Exactly how the fire started remained under investigation, however Derderian said Pasadena firefighters respond to several dryer fires each year that are caused by accumulated lint in the lint traps. She also advised residents not to leave clothes dryers running while away from home.

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email