$10,000 reward offered for info on bags, badges stolen from sheriff’s deputies at Raging Waters in San Dimas

1109_NWS_SGT-L-REWARD

SAN DIMAS — A law enforcement union announced a $10,000 reward Thursday for information leading to the arrest of a 19-year-old El Monte man accused of stealing two bags containing sheriff’s badges and identification cards from the Raging Waters park in San Dimas in September.
Randy Sandoval has been identified as one of two suspects in the Sept. 22 theft at the amusement park, which was closed to the public for a private gathering of Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department employees, Lt. Janice Banks of the Sheriff’s Parks Bureau said. The two bags stolen belonged to off-duty deputies assigned to the sheriff’s Palmdale Station.
He was identified via a surveillance photo obtained at a store where a credit card taken in the theft was used within hours of the crime, officials said. A photograph of Sandoval, whose identity was not known at the time, along with a female accomplice was first published by sheriff’s officials Oct. 17.
Help from the public results in the arrest of a 17-year-old girl in connection with the crime, as well as the identification of Sandoval, officials from the Sheriff’s Parks Bureau said in a written statement.
In hopes of tracking down the remaining suspect and getting back the stolen items, the Association for Los Angeles Deputy Sheriff’s, which hosted the September event at Raging Waters, has offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Sandoval.
The bags were taken from inside an employee break room in front of the park’s security office, Banks said.
In the three hours that followed, a credit card stolen from one of the off-duty deputies was used to rack up about $670 in charges at businesses in San Dimas, West Covina and Baldwin Park.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Banks at 661-294-3544, or 213-276-8108

PHOTO of Randy Sandoval, 19, of El Monte courtesy of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email

County supervisor plans to propose reward in Alhambra hit-and-run

ALHAMBRA — Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael Antonovich has announced plans to propose a $20,000 reward Tuesday for information leading to the capture of the hit-and-run driver who fatally struck an elderly, wheelchair-bound Alhambra man late last year.
Shih–Siang Ho died at the scene of the Dec. 1, 2009 crash at the 6th Street underpass at Ramona Road in Alhambra, police and coroner’s officials said. The driver of the unknown-type vehicle fled the scene and has not been found.
Alhambra Police said Ho was believed to be heading home from his sister-in-law’s house when he was struck about 1:20 p.m.
Antonovich plans to propose a $20,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the hit-and-run driver at Tuesday’s Board of Supervisors meeting, according to written statement issued by his office.
Investigators are renewing their request for the public’s help in locating the hit-and-run vehicle and its driver, according to the statement. It likely had minor to moderate damage on the front, passenger side as a result of the crash.
Anyone with information is asked to call Alhambra police Officer Brandon Cardella at 626-570-5119.

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email

Some updates on local cases

The Board of Supervisors is about to extend the time limit on the $10,000 reward offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of two men suspected of killing Sammantha Salas in January.

Salas was gunned down in a section of Monrovia known as “No Man’s Land.” Police believe her killing was the result of a series of escalating gang violence attacks between black and Latino gangs that took on racial overtones.

The reward vote takes place Tuesday.

***

Sheriff’s homicide Lt. Dan Rosenberg said Monday that all five juveniles suspected of taking part in the robbery that killed Covina Hills resident Michelle Chien at her home earlier this year will be tried as adults. One suspect, Victor Maurtua, 19, a member of the El Monte Flores gang remains at large in the case.

“This is a pretty vicious case,” Rosenberg said. “And it was random basically. These were local kids. One individual orchestrated the whole things and the others followed along.”

 

***

Rosenberg also has a crew working alongside LAPD detectives in hopes that they can solve the slaying of Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Deputy Juan Escalante, 27. 

The deputy was slain outside his home two weeks ago, as he left for work at Men’s Central Jail.

According to the Los Angeles Times:

A U.S. Army reservist, Escalante had worked for the Sheriff’s Department for 2 1/2 years. He was assigned to the “high power” unit, where dangerous inmates — many of them violent gang members — are housed in single-man cells. Investigators said this week that the shot that killed Escalante was fired from behind him and that he may not have seen his killer or killers.

Ropsenberg said deputies and officers are working alongside and getting along.

“We’re working real well together,” he said. “We still don’t have a motive, but we’re looking at everything.” 

 

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email

REWARD!

The Supes are offering a $10,000 reward for information on the murder of Evelyn Mosley, according to a press release put out this afternoon.

Mosley, 90,  was killed last Thursday after a brief struggle in her home in the 3200 block of Lincoln Avenue in Altadena.

Her body was discovered by fire fighters responding to a call at the home.

 

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email

Reward in Whitehead case extended

THe Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors voted to extend the amount of time a reward would be offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the killer or killers of Robert Whitehead, a good samaritan who was shot to death outside his parents home when he confronted a group of taggers.

Arrests have been made in the case and at least one man suspected of involvement, Paul “Malo” Salazar, a onetime Bishop Amat student who was an alleged member of Puente 13, is dead.

Salazar was killed outside his home last summer.

 

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email

Reward to be offered

Sheriff’s detectives are set to announce a reward for information in the shooting of a man on the Long Beach (710) Freeway. The shooting occurred on June 12. A 25-year-old man was killed and detectives apparently have very little to work with.

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email