Comedian Mort Sahl missing from Claremont home *

Family members of comedian Mort Sahl have reported the 81-year-old Canadian-born actor missing, authorities said Saturday.

Sahl, who lives in Claremont was reported missing on Tuesday.
A Glendora man said he was questioned by police in connection with the case Friday night at his home. The man said he never met Sahl.
Claremont Police Lt. Davenport confirmed the investigation is ongoing. Davenport provided no particulars.
*Here’s more details from Lt. Paul Davenport of the Claremont Police Department:
“We took a report (Friday) early evening,” Davenport said. “He was last seen on May the 6th at that time he was with an acquaintance named Michael Willman. We sopke to a colleague of Mr. Sahls yesterday evening who had just spoken to Mr. Sahl on the telephone and was unaware he had been reported missing. He appeared to be where he was voluntarily. “We attempted to call him back, but until we speak to him directly we will continue to show him as a missing person.”
Davenport said there was no indication of a family dispute prior to Sahl’s disappearance. He said Claremont investigators were unaware of any illness that may have contributed to the disappearance.
Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email

Moe chimp news

 

Esquire ran the definitive Moe story on its Web site today. The tale, by Richard Shapiro, tells the story of Moe through the words of St. James and LaDonna Davis. It’s a touching tale much of it familiar to residents of West Covina and the San Gabriel Valley.

Here’s the final paragraph of the piece titled “St. James, LaDonna and Little Moe: The Worst Story I Ever Heard.”

24087-davis-family-photo-0409-lg-thumb-150x148-thumb-100x98.jpg

After all the years St. James and LaDonna shared with Moe and everything they’ve endured, how could he be gone forever? How could they not someday see their boy again?

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email

Deportation for Rockefeller?*

This from the Boston Herald, via the Associated Press:

BOSTON — A lawyer for the man who calls himself Clark Rockefeller says the German native could face deportation.

Jeffrey Denner, the attorney for the man authorities say is really Christian Karl Gerhartsreiter, told the Boston Globe Friday that federal immigration officials have filed legal papers seeking to turn him over for possible deportation if he is convicted of kidnapping. Removal would take place after any possible sentence.

Prosecutors are considering a prison term of four-and-a-half to five years if Gerhartsreiter agrees to plead guilty to kidnapping his 7-year-old daughter.

*Rockefeller is due back in court tomorrow, accordign to Jake Wark, spokesman for the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office. Here’s a copy of his press release:

The defendant formerly known as CLARK ROCKEFELLER will return to Suffolk Superior Court tomorrow in connection with his pending parental kidnapping case. CHRISTIAN KARL GERHARTSTREITER (D.O.B. 2/21/61) is charged with that offense as well as counts of providing a false name to police, assault and battery, and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.  The proceedings are expected tomorrow at 3:00 on the ninth floor of the courthouse.

 

 

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email

The bishop goes missing

22939-missingtellou-thumb-300x381.jpg

Sheriff’s deputies are seeking 86-year-old Basil Tellou after the elderly man disappeared from his home in Duarte on Jan. 20.

Tellou, also known as “The Bishop” is well known in Pasadena’s Playhouse District and apparently frequents Vroman’s.

Back in the 1940s and 1950s, Tellou worked as a bit player in Hollywood and appeared in a movie titled “Harbor of the Missing Men.”

Here’s a link to his IMDB page.

 

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email

Missing family returns home to the (other) Valley

This from ABC7.com: (h/t commenter jensy nguyen)

A family of four that went missing after a weekend getaway was found Thursday night.

Johnny Nguyen, 28, his wife Jessica and their two sons Joshua and Jacob, ages 8 and 2, were last heard from via text message on their way to Laughlin on August 22.

They stayed at various hotels on the Las Vegas strip, and were expected to return to Woodland Hills but never returned.

Family members said the family returned Thursday night. No further information was available.

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email

Missing LA girl turns up in Pasadena

This comes from LAist:

andrea_wilson-smith.jpgGood news. Andrea Wilson-Smith, the 14-year-old we reported on yesterday, was found early this morning.

The LAPD writes in an update to the media… “On September 5, 2008, at around 3:00 a.m., a CHP patrol unit found missing person Andrea Wilson-Smith near Foothill Boulevard and Michillinda Avenue, in Pasadena. She was taken to LAPD’s Northeast Division, where she was picked by her parent. Investigators still haven’t determined why the teen ran away from her home.”

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email