Man convicted in bizarre South El Monte home break-in

SOUTH EL MONTE >> A man faces up to 35 years behind bars after a jury convicted him Thursday of two felony counts connected to a bizarre South El Monte burglary last year in which he allegedly broke into a house, claimed to be an FBI agent and ordered a woman to strip, officials said.
A Los Angeles Superior Court jury in Pomona convicted Robert Andrew Rodriguez, 51, of South El Monte, of first-degree burglary with a person present and making criminal threats in connection with the unusual break-in, which unfolded on the evening of Dec. 14 in the 2300 block of Santa Anita Avenue, Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office spokeswoman Sarah Ardalani said.
The jury failed to reach a verdict on two additional charges of attempted rape and impersonating a law enforcement officer, she said. Another charge of assault during the commission of a felony was dropped following Rodriguez’s preliminary hearing after a judge ruled there was insufficient evidence to support a trial on that count.
Rodriguez faces a maximum sentence of 35 years in state prison when he returns to court for sentencing on Feb. 23.
He climbed into the victims’ home through a bedroom window, Los Angeles County sheriff’s officials said in a written statement. He confronted a 47-year-old woman and her 17-year-old daughter.
Rodriguez told the victims he was an FBI agent investigating a bomb threat, though he provided no identification, sheriff’s officials said. He then ordered the woman to remove her clothing, threatening to kill her if she did not comply.
The woman called out to other family members for help, officials said. Her husband came upstairs and confronted the intruder, who fled, while her son called police.
Aided by home surveillance camera footage, detectives identified Rodriguez as a suspect and arrested him the following day.

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email

South El Monte’s sister city beset by violence — six executed *

This from Mileno in Gomez Palacio:


36076-Board Member Bobby-thumb-200x132-36075.jpg

Gomez Palacio, Durango .- The bodies of six males that had bullet wounds caliber in the chest and in the cranial region, were found today at 08:30 am at the side of Sacramento versus channel to the colony 11.

Spokesmen for the State Attorney of Justice report, which was based on a telephone call that was captured in Central Radio C-4, the Expert Services staff and the public prosecutor of crimes against life and health of people, moved to the site to attest to the fact.

It was reported that the bodies were found on the floor next to the channel from Sacramento, where they were raised and subsequently concentrated in the Amphitheater Facilities for practice of the autopsy of Law

In the place where the bodies were located was said, were found about thirty-caliber spent shell casings, which is why it is assumed that there were people killed.

* One of the dead is possibly Bobby Salcedo, an El Monte school board member, picture added above.

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email

Large stolen emerald recovered

This from the City News Service:

LOS ANGELES — The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department announced
today the recovery of a stolen 850-pound emerald — reportedly worth $370 million —
but released few details about the case.
The so-called “Bahia Emerald” was recovered last Friday in Las Vegas, according to a
sheriff’s department news release.
The gem was stolen from a secured vault in South El Monte in September
and later warehoused in the Nevada gambling town, said Lt. Thomas Grubb of the
sheriff’s Major Crimes Bureau.
The unidentified individuals who were in possession of the emerald in Las Vegas
initially agreed to release it once the lawful owner was identified, but deputies
returned to the prearranged location armed with a court order, according to
Grubb.
Grubb said he was precluded from releasing information regarding the owner of the
stone because of pending litigation. He added it was difficult to determine details
about the rightful owner because so many people were involved with the stone.
“A judge is going to have to rule on who the rightful owner is,” Grubb said. “There
is some civil litigation involved, but there will also be criminal proceedings.”
No arrests were made, but the investigation continues, he said.
The stone, which reportedly contains the largest spires of emeralds in the world, is
being stored by the sheriff’s department pending release to the lawful owner. The
emerald is believed to be the second largest stone of its kind in the world,
according to the sheriff’s department.

 

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email