South Pasadena teens admit to planning mass shooting; sentenced to probation

SOUTH PASADENA >> Two teenage boys were sentenced to probation Wednesday after admitting they planned a mass shooting at South Pasadena High School in August.
The teens, now 17 and 18, admitted to one felony count of making criminal threats for the plot against their school last year, which was discovered three days before the start of the school year.
The confessions came on what was scheduled to be the first day of trial.
South Pasadena police Detective Sgt. Robert Bartl, who has worked the investigation since the beginning, said he was pleased to see the case come to an end.
“I’m just very happy to see that there’s a resolution to this, and that there were some consequences to their actions,” he said. “I think it’s important for the students and administrators at the school to see the end of this… that they are safe.”
… Continue reading

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email

Student at Arroyo High School in El Monte accused of threatening teachers on Twitter

EL MONTE >> Police arrested a 16-year-old Arroyo High School junior Friday after he allegedly posted a threat against two of his teachers online via Twitter, officials said.
School officials first learned of the threat posted on social media about 9:40 a.m. Friday, El Monte police Sgt. Richard Luna said in a written statement.
“A 16-year-old student of the school had posted a specific threat via his ‘Twitter’ account to harm two faculty members,” Luna said. Both victims were the student’s teachers.
Though it was not discovered until Friday, “The threat was posted (Thursday) while the student was in class,” Luna said.
Upon learning of the threat, school officials notified the school resource officer, who investigated the threat and ultimately arrested the student on suspicion of making criminal threats, the sergeant said. No harm came to either of the two teachers named in the threat.
No further details were released.

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email

Bassett High on lockdown after shooting threat reported

BASSETT — Authorities locked down Bassett High School Thursday afternoon after receiving reports of a planned shooting on campus.

The report came in about 12:10 p.m. , according to Sheriff’s Sgt. S. Bracken, at the Industry substation.

“It was an anonymous call about a potential shooting,” Bracken said. “Our lieutenants and sergeants are at the scene right now attempting to sort it out.”

The school remains on lockdown.

Bracken said the call came from a concerned parent.

“A kid wanted to come home early because he heard there was going to be a shooting on campus,” Bracken said.

Bracken did not know if the threat was gang related.

Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr Linkedin Email