You’re probably sitting at your desk, in bed or at a Starbucks (if I’ve banned your IP address) wondering what prompted Aram to write this. Well, I’ve been talking to some coaches some in the division the past few days and nobody wants to lay claim to being the favorite. Well, so sorry. That’s what I’m here for. So if you don’t want to, I’ll do it for you.
La Mirada coach Mike Moschetti says “It’s not us”, but I think it is …
1. La Mirada 2-1 — QB is the only worry, right? Well word is that Shane Blood will do just fine replacing Daniel Poncedeleon. Oh yeah, and there’s FIVE D-1 talents on the roster.
2. West Covina 3-1 — The Bulldogs have their physically strongest team in years and there’s speed to burn with veterans in most of the skill spots. What else do you want?
3. Diamond Ranch 7-2 — The Panthers have gone from early favorites to being a bit of a concern for me. But we all know how Roddy’s teams play in November.
4. Burbank 7-2 — This is one scary team with the combo of QB Adam Colman and RB Ulises Ochoa back.
5. Santa Fe 5-1 — The Chiefs always put out a great product and they have to be the early favorites in the Del Rio.
6. Rowland 6-1 — Best QB in the division in Michael Ball? Possibly, but there are a lot of questions that need to be answered.
7. Muir 7-1 — The ‘Stangs have a very dangerous feel to them this year. More than usual.
8. California 10-1 — Just can’t get over the loss of Terris Jones, but like I’ve said, Whittier Daily News guru Andrew Campa says watch out.
9. Bonita 10-1 — Here’s your sleeper team. That’s all I’m going to say.
10. Norwalk 12-1 — Can they repeat last year’s success? The street is skeptical.