This is the big boy Top 25. All the teams from all three zones we cover here at the San Gabriel Valley Newspaper Group. So digest it and it will be updated weekly once we get into the games.
If Amat’s defense comes through, it could be another special year in La Puente.
1. Bishop Amat 0-0 — Offense is a force, but is defense built to handle Pac-5 heavyweights?
2. La Habra 0-0 — Should we just pencil in another CIF title?
3. Chino Hills 0-0 — Huskies have to hope QB Chavez’s fall form is as good as his summer form.
4. La Mirada 0-0 — Just how good the Mats are will be found out on Sept. 9.
5. West Covina 0-0 — My fear is that lack of passing game will hurt ‘Dogs in November.
6. Glendora 0-0 — QB Chad Jeffries is a lock, but what about the run game?
7. Claremont 0-0 — Getting Taj Teague takes ‘Pack to a whole different level.
8. St. Francis 0-0 — Reloaded, but up against it in the also-reloaded Mission League.
9. Charter 0ak 0-0 — If Chargers don’t have Vaughns/Gilchrist, that’s a blow to the O.
10. Monrovia 0-0 — QB can’t be stopped and man-child McCarthy can’t be contained.
11. Diamond Ranch 0-0 — Going to trust Roddy here, but I’m a tad skeptical.
12. Muir 0-0 — Love the talent, but been burned before by the Muir hype.
13. South Hills 0-0 — Sans Canada, the Huskies will have an uphill climb in the Sierra.
14. Ayala 0-0 — Defense and super sophs might be enough to pull Sierra shocker.
15. San Dimas 0-0 — The Codee Watts era begins … but defense is still the key.
16. Rowland 0-0 — Raiders have the firepower, but have to wonder if defense is stingy enough.
17. Schurr 0-0 — Spartans look more than good enough to knock off San Dimas/Monrovia.
18. Whittier Christian 0-0 — Being top-two in Olympic is no gimme for Heralds.
19. Damien 0-0 — Spartans have their work cut out in Sierra League.
20. Baldwin Park 0-0 — The size is there to not be bullied by anybody on the schedule.
21. Arroyo 0-0 — My money says the Mission Valley is better than the Montview this year.
22. Santa Fe 0-0 — Chiefs get my nod in deepest Del Rio in ages.
23. Bonita 0-0 — ‘Cats can manage if Pendleton is gone for only half the season.
24. Azusa 0-0 — We’ll see how far Aztecs have come against Bell Gardens.
25. Rosemead 0-0 — Koffler has the team to pull off ground and pound methods.