Chargers better have their thinking caps on vs. I.E.’s Roosevelt.
1. Charter Oak (1-0) — Offense was lackluster, defense was great. Huge test vs. I.E.’s Roosevelt looms this week.
2. Bishop Amat (1-0) — See Charter Oak comment. Replace Roosevelt with Servite.
3. West Covina (1-0) — Arguably the best win of the weekend when you consider how good Covina is. No Solomon vs. Loyola is too tough of a task.
4. Monrovia (0-0) — If Wildcats can hammer Glendora, they may be No. 1 next week.
5. La Habra (1-0) — Almost had gift from above in QB Livingston, but offense still looked great.
6. Arcadia (0-0) — If Apaches can’t be St. Francis, then showdown vs. M-Town will lose luster.
7. Damien (0-0) — Yes, style points vs. D-Ranch will matter because Sparty needs a statement.
8. Chino Hills (0-1) — Mixed feelings about loss to Bear Creek in opener.
9. St. Paul (1-0) — About what you’d expect in win over La Mirada.
10. St. Francis (0-0) — This ranking makes SF an underdog vs. Arcadia and it’s hard for me to say that.
11. Muir (1-0) — Used major speed edge vs. SG beautifully. Can they keep it going?
12. Covina (0-1) — Did Colts just lose their only game of the regular season?
13. Bonita (1-0) — Perhaps I had the Bearcats a little too low. Certainly not now.
14. Santa Fe (0-1) — Ran into a buzzsaw in Arizona.
15. Azusa (0-0) — Catching San Dimas with a chip on its shoulder and also a game under its belt. Bad timing.
16. Maranatha (1-0) — Put up 41 on Big Bear. Will things be so easy vs. La Salle in rivalry game?
17. Arroyo (1-0) — QB Rivera puts up 4 TDs in air and one on the ground.
18. Glendora (0-1) — Defense did its job in loss to Charter Oak. Offense must figure it out quick.
19. La Serna (1-0) — Offense was no issue in win over Bonita Vista.
20. Ayala (1-0) — Win over D-Bar shows that ‘Dogs are capable of when healthy.
21. Cantwell (0-0) — All eyes on what should be dynamite offense vs. Schurr.
22. South Hills (0-1) — Bad luck continues for Huskies, but St. Monica may help end that.
23. Diamond Ranch (0-1) — Has recency edge on Damien, but mistakes must be corrected.
24. Rosemead (0-0) — Season opener vs. Montebello will be huge test and should tell us a lot about Panthers.
25. San Dimas (0-1) — Saints have a lot to clean up, but get a big game vs. Azusa to do it in.