After watching a lot of film and consulting with coaches, this is the first All-Encompassing Top 25 ranking of the 2012 season. There will be another one right before spring practice, right after spring practice/start of passing circuit, post-passing circuit, and then the preseason. Mark your calendars.
1. Charter Oak — With so much coming back, the offseason task is easy: Groom a QB.
2. West Covina — Lose a lot and return a lot. And the Noodles Hull Era begins …
3. Monrovia — No more Big Ellis and RB is a concern. But ‘Cats loaded everywhere else.
4. Damien — With so many starters back, biggest task is to be a year better.
5. Bishop Amat — Defense looks great, but offense must replace top QB, RB and WR.
6. Chino Hills — Leading RB and WR are back, but Huskies have holes to fill.
7. St. Francis — QB Leibowitz is back, but most other key cogs on both sides are gone.
8. St. Paul — New coach Asante catches a break with veteran QB Telles to work with.
9. La Habra – Program can reload, but losing Porter and Bartolone stings.
10. La Mirada — Mats have every key skill player back. Should be a sight to see.
11. San Dimas – RBs look strong with Payton and Mitchell. Watch for WR Reep to blossom.
12. La Serna — QB Palmer back along with nice weapons in McCarty and Duarte.
13. Muir – Want to make sure Holmes Jr. sticks around before ranking ‘Stangs higher.
14. Maranatha — Program got humbled last year, now QB Elffers set for swan song.
15. Arcadia — Lagace and Carr gone, but McKinley/Medel backfield is scary.
16. Cantwell — QB Walsh is back after throwing for 2k yards. So is RB Gonzales.
17. Arroyo — No Rivera, but Knights were so young in so many spots. Watch out again.
18. Pasadena — Bulldogs could go a long ways with QB Cox, but that defense … meh.
19, Alhambra — QB Mendoza back along with several key weapons. Almont favorites?
20. Azusa — Here’s your early warning: Watch out for RB Cameron Blackburn. Wow.
21. Bonita — Gotta think Sunshine is back with a vengeance at QB. And Turner helps.
22. Diamond Ranch – Panthers lose some key guys and need to get way better at QB.
23. Claremont — QB has to be replaced again, but man, Flemming and Reeder are solid.
24. El Monte — B-Mart back at QB has Lions thinking league title may be forthcoming.
25. La Puente — QB Vasquez had 22-2 TD/INT ratio last year. RB/WR Centeno also back.
Follow me on Twitter @ChemicalAT