Hey Chino Hills, when you think you’re tough, people wanna see how tough.
As promised, here is the second SGV(N) Top 25. Another will come after the passing circuit is completed.
1. Chino Hills — QB Simko takes Huskies to another level, as evidenced so far.
2. Monrovia — ‘Cats drop from top spot because Chino Hills is that impressive.
3. St. Paul — Amazing offseason haul brought in by new coach Asante.
4. Charter Oak — Big questions on offense, but defense looks like area’s best.
5. West Covina — Bulldogs lack star power of past two seasons, but still ultra quick.
6. Damien — Sparty looks very loaded, but line play remains a big question.
7. Bishop Amat — Passing games may not be Amat’s thing, but talent level looks down.
8. La Habra — Division got much, much tougher but Highlanders should be in hunt.
9. St. Francis — Gonna need some skill guys to compliment QB Leibowitz.
10. La Mirada — Returning skill experience should thrive with more seasoning this summer.
11. La Serna — Like that Lancers have been on field w/good competition in passing games.
12. San Dimas — Hearing rumblings about more ability to throw this season. Interesting.
13. Ayala — This team never stays healthy and I may be overreacting to collection of skills.
14. South Hills — In the proper division (Southeast) this is a semi-finals contender.
15. Maranatha — Year 2 of new coaching staff typically produces better results.
16. Cantwell — In the Northwest, this team can make a deep run.
17. San Gabriel — I will know for sure at SGV Shootout if talk of reload is legit.
18. Bonita — QB play is still a question mark, which prohibits higher ranking at present.
19. Pasadena — How far can QB Cox take this team if defense doesn’t improve?
20. Arcadia — My suggestion is that Apaches hand it off 70 percent of the time.
21. Diamond Ranch — Roddy’s got some linemen, but are the skill players there?
22. Rio Hondo Prep — Would love to see some mid-majors take on the Kares.
23. Azusa — Scoby leaving Duarte puts Aztecs back in Montview driver’s seat.
24. Diamond Bar — We all know about the skill players. Need to see the line.
25. El Monte — With Arroyo vulnerable, I’m calling the Lions MVL favorites for now.
Wound up in a roadside ditch: Arroyo, Duarte, Claremont, Muir.
Follow me on Twitter @ChemicalAT